Sunday 17 May 2015

Ascension Sunday



It's been one messy, miserable day here but I couldn't let the day pass without sharing this little tidbit on Ascension Sunday.

The Society of Saint John the Evangelist (SSJE) are a monastic community of The Episcopal Church and The Anglican Church of Canada. I subscribe here to Brother, Give Me A Word, which means I get a daily email with a word and some thoughts for the day. As I get an email notification on my mobile, I either read the short thoughts in the email or if I have time or it really speaks to me, I click through and read the whole blog post. Great for busy mums constantly on the go!

So it was this week I received my usual email with the word for the day...

Ascension


The story of Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection is of how one man passed through the death barrier – and was raised to life, never to die again. But then the story of Jesus’ ascension and gift of the spirit at Pentecost is of how we, too, can pass through that barrier with Jesus, our pioneer.

-Br. Geoffrey Tristram

And the full thoughts for the day, which are well worth the read... Breaking the Death Barrier

No comments:

Post a Comment